Sunday, March 14, 2010

Villa Gesell

I just got home from a magical weekend at the beach with my 7 MAPS (Mejores Amigos Para Siempre) or BFFS. We got on a 6 hour bus ride at 1:30am Thursday night and arrived to Villa Gesell the next morning. We checked into our hotel, napped and spent a glorious day at the beach.
Sylvie and Niall summarized the weekend perfectly: Sylvie called it the "Self-Esteem boosting weekend", since all everyone could say was how lucky we were to have found each other, how happy we were to be together and how beautiful/hot everyone looked all weekend (esp. you Kara, you pirate nouveau you!). Niall kept saying we were an "Octet" and we were!

I don't remember a time where I have felt more happy to be me, happy to be in my own skin, and happy to be where I was, when I was there. Villa Gesell has been added to my small list of happy-places, amongst my Grandma's house and Helsinki, Finland!

Empanadas on the beach!
Cuddle buddies for life.
Our view from our hotel window. The octet stayed in 2 quadruple rooms, for A$200/night (less than US$60!!!) There was a pool, medialunas in the morning (croissants), and TV's in the rooms.
Here are the 7 girls (Niall took the picture!). I will never forget what an awesome time we all spent together!

Even though I had a truly beautiful weekend with all of these new friends, I do terribly miss all of my readers, some watching from above, some in CA and some in NY. I'm so grateful to the internet so that I can still feel connected to all of you, because without the love and support I feel from all of you everyday, I could never have felt so confident or happy this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You know how much we love the beach. Your weekend sounds wonderful. So very happy you have found such great friends to be with and have fun with. When do your classes start? Take care and keep the news coming love reading about your wonderful adventures. Love Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds sooooo good!! I am so happy for you!! :)
    Just updated my blog!

    ReplyDelete