Friday, June 11, 2010

My new favorite hangout...

One of my friends from UBA recently shared a vital piece of information regarding being a student in BA. There is a library called the Biblioteca Nacional that's 7 blocks away from my house, silent and beautiful.
There is a view of the river on the 5th and 6th pisos and you can see the famous metal rose in the park (I'm not sure of the significance of the rose, just that its on lots of post cards and people seem to know it as a point of reference).

Due to the 3 final papers and 2 oral exams (these consist of giving a speech about a prepared topic to the professor and then answering questions that can potentially be about ANY of the material we have gone over all semester) that I have in the last weeks of my stay here, I will be living in this library for the majority of that time.

My friends are all leaving July 10th, and I'm here until the 21st finishing my assignments. Yay for picking the hard classes at that most exigente universidad in the city.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting looking Library. Sounds like you will be busy. We are hearing alot about Soccer right now. Tomorrow is Mia's 3rd birthday. She is having a Sleeping Beauty party costume and all. She is so excited. Take care love you Nana

    ReplyDelete