Monday, June 14, 2010

Amelie


Yesterday I got back from Rosario in a funk. I was seriously homesick for the first time, missing my bed, hardwood floors, the morales girls, aunts, everyone, and just the comfort of consistency and love. There was no way I was going to do homework, so I decided to google "happy movies" and found a great list that had Amelie on it.

This movie did the trick. I have always allowed movies to affect me very much, many times too much, but this one affected me for the better. I didn't want to watch a sappy love story, and although there is a quest for love in this film, the best parts about it are the quest and the beautiful nuances of the characters and the film-making.

I suggest everyone should watch this movie now! Even if you've already seen it lots of times, I think that the magic and happy details will bring some sunshine into your life, like it brought to my cloudy night yesterday!

"Without you, today's emotions would be the scurf of yesterday's." Thankfully I have all of you to thank and to know that my emotions are never scurf.

2 comments:

  1. o k inow i understand the scurf! The word sounds appropriate in this context---sure glad i'm openminded! U r wonderful, now i have a new scrabble word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved movies too especially happy endings.You have me hooked on Glee love it. Keep up your good work. Love you Nana

    ReplyDelete