Monday, February 22, 2010

Arrival!





I'm here! Mom-this picture is for you! I'm in the elevator of my building!

After many hours of transport I finally made it. My host mother was waiting for me and she already showed me around the apartment. She lives alone and is a really awesome liberal, independent lady who has been hosting girls for 5 years! She is a English Professor but not working at the moment. I think we're gonna get along well!

I have my own shelf in the refri, in the bathroom and a cute little room with a bed much bigger than a dorm bed. Its incredibly humid and its pouring rain at the same time. Reminds me of New Orleans. She said the wireless internet doesn't always work so I'm lucky that "Ricky" keeps his phone line unlocked!

Here is my view from outside my window!



I'm glad that I got here safely and without any emotional breakdowns. It was so hard to leave NY after such an awesome weekend full of happiness and beautiful friends. I did meet some nice people in the program at the Airport, but right when they got there, they shipped us all out on taxis to our new houses.

Today is a day off and orientation starts tomorrow! It goes until March 29th, and then classes finally start. Its filled with Spanish placement tests, evaluations and other boring things. Hopefully its worth it!

Ahh thunderstorms! Anyway, I hope that orientation gives me some Argentinean Spanish tools because my host mother speaks mostly English to me! (That unfortunately has got to change!)

Alright I'm going to unpack now, I'll write as soon as I can.

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you arrived safe and sound. Just talked with your Mother. She told me all about your arrival. Glad you are being treated so well. It has been raining here too.
    Do take care,looking forward to reading your blog. Love Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you made it! can't wait to hear more..

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yyaaaayyy! cant wait to keep reading your blog and see how everything is! It's awesome that the woman you are living with is cool! I hope your first few days there are going well!! love youu!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. que bien chiquita. me alegro que llegaste bien. la vista de tu cuartito es bella. insiste que tu 'mama barbara' te habla en espaƱol! pues, adelante con tus estudios y este 'blog'! te quiero mucho, tia tere

    ReplyDelete