Sunday, May 16, 2010

To travel or stay home, that is the question.

Reminders of the goodness of home make me think about the pros and cons of this study abroad experience and the conscious choice I made to leave the comforts of Southern California. How do I know it will all be worth it? Sure the immersion in a new culture, new language, new university system is a great lesson to experience diversity and learn that the American way is by no means the only way. But when is leaving home not worth the pain? Is all pain growth? I do not regret moving to New York or Buenos Aires, but when you miss the last few months (I pray to God not days) of a loved one's life is it worth it?These thoughts are taking over my mind! If anyone has an answer, send it my way!

Yesterday I bought a plane ticket to go to Patagonia (so glad that process of planning is over!) Will seeing epically majestic glaciers be better than chilling on Valencia? Definitely not better, just different and without so many attached heart-strings.

These things are clearly out of my hands, so I'm just gonna keep reading about the Argentine Revolution and hope someone above will take care of it all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh to be home sick.......
    You know we are always with you in your heart and mind. July is just around the corner and it is guaranteed that you will be home less then 48 hours before you wll miss being back in Buenos Aires. And lucky for you, you will always have memories of both forever. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life goes by so fast and your adventuras are not common to many. Enjoy and know that Argentina will be a much better place because of you being there. We'll all be here when you come back. Enjoy and take it all in! Love you much and sooooooo proud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace I give to you My Peace I give unto you , let not thy heart be troubled nor let it be afraid.John 14:27 I memorized this the first time we live in Germany and it helped me through alot. Enjoy all your adventures. I know from expierence all your memories will be wonderful and you will be so happy you have done what you are doing. Your Dad has many good memories of living in Germany and of course our gift was him being born there. Hang in there. You know you are in our hearts and prayers and we Love you Nana

    ReplyDelete