Monday, May 10, 2010

I want to be with you!

These last couple of days I have made contact with friends and family from both New York and Los Angeles homes more than usual.

Reason #1: Lainey's First Communion. My mom's cousin Ed is married to Lisa and has 2 magically awesome girlies, Lainey and Jessie. They have always been a big part of my life since they came into this world! It was really sad for me to not be there for this celebration! Anyway, missing things like this just remind me what is special and important in my life and that I have to live in the moment to soak up all the love and goodness when I get it!

Reason #2: Birthdays. Queen Auntie Cristina. Enough said. Rachel (my next door neighbor next year) and Freesia (my friend in Uganda) both turned 21 this last week! Here is me skyping with Uganda in the background. Technology blows my mind sometimes.
I realize while I'm away I use the words "I miss you" a lot, but I don't really know what that means. I know that I feel a longing to be with people that I'm not with and that longing comes from a deep connection and love! I guess I mean "I want to be with you".

This lovey-dovey stuff just makes me feel like my little insecurities about the Spanish language, myself, and my academic standing are slightly less terrible because I have so much love that the internet often reminds me of. Thank God for the internet, for mothers & fathers, for birthdays, for friends and for adventures.

3 comments:

  1. It's always great to go places and have adventuras but "there is no place like home"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned how important family is the two times we were living in Germany. We were fortunate enough to travel in Europe and your Father was born there great gift for us. However you do have technology to communicate with us while you are having a wonderful adventure. Love you Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete