Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And the Reality Sets in...

This morning I called my host mother in Argentina.

Her name is Señora Sanchez and she is awesome. She started speaking English perfectly to me and reassuring me that I am going to have a great time. She said that she is used to having students live in her house, that she would show me where to get good sales, and that we live in a safe and fun neighborhood. Just the reassurance I needed, as this aventura comes closer and closer.

I'm not sure how I feel about the English-speaking, I wish that I would be forced to speak even with her ONLY Spanish, but I'm sure that when I'm struggling and on the brink of tears because I just can't conjugate another verb, it will be very helpful.

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. that's so exciting Al! I'm glad to hear that she sounds cool! i can't wait to stay up to date on your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete